The world’s first plastic-free bike cleaner: Punk Powder! A seriously powerful formula with sustainability built in, that has the same epic power of our O.G pink bike cleaner, makes light work of muck and grime.
100% PLASTIC FREE PACKAGING
JUST ADD WATER
SAFE ON ALL PARTS & SURFACES
Punk Powder Bike Cleaner - Twin Pack makes 4x litres of bike cleaner!
Some bike cleaners out there have a carbon footprint bigger than the Jurassic Park T-Rex, but not us. We’re always looking for new ways to reduce our plastic and water usage along with our CO2 output; so we got cracking on the epic task of developing the ultimate powder-based cleaner! Over three years, we tested and tinkered with hundreds of versions until we landed on theone. Formulated using the latest technological advancements and the finest biodegradable ingredients (75% of which are plant-based!) our newest creation is not only incredibly safe for you and the environment, but also for all bikes and finishes.
At Muc-Off, we don’t do things by halves. Punk Powder delivers the signature cleaning power you’ve come to expect, but with readily biodegradable ingredients and 92% less packaging than two of our standard 1L bottles it truly is a guilt-free gleam! The fast-dissolving formula means it’s ready for use within seconds of water being added, and if you want to go full eco-warrior you can even use collected rainwater! Simply reuse your old Muc-Off bottle or grab one of our new aluminium Bottles for Life and get busy cleaning – it even works with our pressure washer to create an awesome foam for the fastest clean possible.
It’s not just the powder that’s green and mean (on grime), but the packaging too. It’s 100% plastic-free, and each sachet is compostable (certified to EN 13432 standard) and made from renewable raw materials. We’ve even used vegetable-based inks!
From production right through to the powder itself, sustainability is built in. So you can shred hard, with a clean bike and conscience. Punk Powder is the future of bike cleaning – the future is here!
You can check out the full Punk Powder story here.
- Unused sealed sachets should be stored inside the box in a well-ventilated, dry place and protected from moisture, heat and direct sunlight.
- Can be stored for up to 3 years.
- Each sachet contains 30g powder.
- 4 x 30g sachets per carton box.
Punk Powder uses 92% less packaging than our Nano Tech bottles, with the same great results.
JUST ADD WATER
Our Punk Powder comes in a 30g sachet that makes 1L of Nano Tech Cleaner. Just add water wherever you are.
- Makes 4x litres of bike cleaner
- 100% plastic free packaging
- Readily biodegradable ingredients
- 100% water free
- Refill your old bottle and help reduce plastic waste
- 92% saving in packaging compared to 4 x 1L bike cleaner
- 100% environmentally friendly ingredients, including plant based raw materials
- Supplied in a compostable sachet and printed with vegetable inks
- FSC recycled card box containing 4 x sachets – that makes 4L of bike cleaner
- Safe on all parts and surfaces including carbon fibre
- Will not harm seals, cables, disc brake pads or rotors
- Alkaline based and free from alcohol, CFCs, EDTA, solvents or acids
- Vegan & vegetarian friendly
- Cruelty free, not tested on animals
Introducing the world's first plastic-free bike cleaner - Punk Powder. Made with 92% less packaging than using 4x 1L Nano Tech plastic bottles, with the same epic results!
- Makes 4x litres of bike cleaner
- 100% plastic and petroleum free packaging
- Safe to use on all parts, including disc brakes & carbon fibre
Winner of the 2022 Design & Innovation Award. Read more here.
- Grab your empty old bottle of Muc-Off. (You may need a pair of adjustable pliers to remove the trigger from the bottle).
- Fill up to the shoulders of the bottle with 1 litre of lukewarm water for faster formula activation!
- Carefully cut one corner of the sachet open along the diagonal cut lines.
- You can carefully pour the sachet straight into the top of the bottle. Or using the box, fold the inside of the lid together using the printed lines as a guide and use this as a funnel to pour the powder into your bottle. (Please see our video for full instructions on this.
- Screw your spray trigger back onto the top of the bottle. Ensure it’s tight!
- Shake the bottle vigorously for 30-60 seconds to activate the formula. If you notice any undissolved powder simply keep shakin’ it!
- Go clean that filthy bike!
Bike Cleaning Instructions
- Rinse bike thoroughly before applying Bike Cleaner.
- Spray Bike Cleaner onto the entire bike including components and leave for 3-5 minutes.
- Agitate any stubborn grime with a brush or sponge.
- Rinse entire bike thoroughly with fresh, clean water.
Top Tip – Don’t forget to always protect components after washing with our MO-94, Bike Protect or HCB-1 and your frame and suspension using our Silicone Shine! This will help reduce dirt adhesion between washes and make maintenance easier!
Project Green Muc-Offs our never-ending commitment to deliver a multitude of environmentally-focussed improvements across our business. We love the planet we ride on, it’s our playground, and we’re driven to protect it for everyone.
What are this products Project Green credentials?
The Muc-Off Punk Powder packaging is 100% plastic-free and comes with four 30g sachets which makes 4L of bike cleaner. Compared to 4 x 1L bike cleaner in a plastic bottle, this is a 92% saving in packaging, which is made from a FSC recycled card box, supplied in a compostable sachet and printed with vegetable inks. It's also made with 100% environmentally friendly ingredients, including plant based raw materials that aren't tested on animals. All together making it vegan and vegetarian friendly, whilst being kinder to the planet.
Is this really the worlds first plastic free bike cleaner, because aren't there some bike cleaners that come in a dissolvable packet?
Yes, but the other bike cleaner sachet in the market still uses petrochemicals to produce it and is still a form of plastic called PVA. Because we have an end-to-end sustainability goal with this product, we wanted to minimise petrochemical processes in the production of Punk Powder.
92% saving in packaging you say, how do you calculate that?
Take 2 bottles of bike cleaner that comes in an HDPE plastic bottle, with a plastic heat sleeve to hold the trigger and then a cap, compared with 4 compostable sachets of Punk Powder in a recycled box and you have 92% saving in packaging.
There's still some powder undissolved at the bottom of my bottle after filling?
If possible, use lukewarm water when re-filling with Punk Powder, this enables the powder-based formula to dissolve and active faster. Continue shaking and it will fully dissolve ready to get cleaning!
Should I pre-rinse my bike/motorcycle before using Punk Powder?
Yes, we always recommend a pre-rinse before using Punk Powder.
Is it vegan friendly?
Yes, Punk Powder is vegan & vegetarian friendly, made from raw plant-based materials. It's cruelty free, not tested on animals and the packaging is made using vegetable inks.
I've got hard water, is Punk Powder safe to use?
Hard or soft water, Punk Powder is safe to use wherever you are with the same epic results.
Is Punk Powder safe to use on all bike parts?
Yes, our formula is safe on all finishes and suitable for all bike types, including road, MTB and Motorcycles.
Is Punk Powder safe to use on disc brakes?
Yes, it is safe to use on all parts and surfaces of your bike, including brake pads and rotors. Spray on, wash off, no sweat!